- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) picked up a repeat challenger for his 5th district seat.
Lynne Torgerson, who ran as an Independent against Ellison in 2010 and garnered just 4 percent of the vote against Ellison’s 68 percent, declared late last week on TeaPartyNation.com that she would take on the three-term Congressman again. In the posting, she called him a “radical Islamist,” a quote that he noted for his Twitter followers.
Torgerson told Roll Call that she would seek the Republican nomination this cycle, instead of running as an Independent.