- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Yes, it will cost money to implement the Food Safety Modernization Act. But the alternative — resigning ourselves to an endless cycle of toxic outbreaks, illness, death and damage to our economy — is the ultimate false economy.
Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) sits on the Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development and Food and Drug Administration.