- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Yes, it will cost money to implement the Food Safety Modernization Act. But the alternative — resigning ourselves to an endless cycle of toxic outbreaks, illness, death and damage to our economy — is the ultimate false economy.
Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) sits on the Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development and Food and Drug Administration.