- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
Welcome to New Jersey, Ambassador.
Just after former China Ambassador Jon Huntsman announced he would run for president, Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) said he was happy Huntsman announced his candidacy in New Jersey.
Wait, what? New Jersey?! Huntsman may have been a bit surprised reading Menendez’s open letter because he most likely thought he was in New York. CNN reported that media badges for new candidate’s announcement tour were printed: “New York, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida, Utah, Nevada.” Sorry, N.J., you’re not included.
But then maybe that’s normal. The New Jersey Senator spills a lot of ink talking about the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, so maybe he’s confused, too?
We kid, we kid. Menendez can totally see New York from his backyard — and he doesn’t want Huntsman to forget it.