- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Bird said the Obama campaign has a “multifaceted” plan for raising enough money to compete, especially because he doesn’t take money from political action committees. When Bird said Obama also invites small-dollar donors to talk with him, several in the room snickered (the campaign is doing a promotion now where small-dollar donors can win a dinner with Obama, a successful tactic they used to raise millions in 2008).
Later, Berg told Roll Call he was unsatisfied by Bird’s answer. “Maybe they think no one is paying attention so no one will mind,” he said.comments powered by Disqus