- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
Bird said the Obama campaign has a “multifaceted” plan for raising enough money to compete, especially because he doesn’t take money from political action committees. When Bird said Obama also invites small-dollar donors to talk with him, several in the room snickered (the campaign is doing a promotion now where small-dollar donors can win a dinner with Obama, a successful tactic they used to raise millions in 2008).
Later, Berg told Roll Call he was unsatisfied by Bird’s answer. “Maybe they think no one is paying attention so no one will mind,” he said.comments powered by Disqus