- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
With two weeks to go before a self-imposed deadline, deficit talks led by Vice President Joseph Biden have entered the serious bargaining phase, with a few glimmers of hope but large areas of deep disagreement.
Congressional negotiators continue to believe they are making substantial progress in coming to an agreement among themselves by Independence Day, but the nagging question remains whether they will be able to sell whatever comes out of their talks to the fickle and intensely partisan rank and file in both chambers.