- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
Unlike the House, the Senate has not addressed the issue on the floor, and some maintain it's a lost cause to weigh in now.
"I think it's too late already. We should have [acted] a long time ago. We're irrelevant, and it's become a moot point," Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said.
Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin, who serves on the Foreign Relations panel and is closely allied with the Obama administration, said other issues were contributing to the disagreement over Libya.
"There are some that want this to be kind of a proxy debate for Iraq and Afghanistan," the Illinois Democrat said.
John Stanton contributed to this report.