- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Unlike the House, the Senate has not addressed the issue on the floor, and some maintain it's a lost cause to weigh in now.
"I think it's too late already. We should have [acted] a long time ago. We're irrelevant, and it's become a moot point," Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said.
Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin, who serves on the Foreign Relations panel and is closely allied with the Obama administration, said other issues were contributing to the disagreement over Libya.
"There are some that want this to be kind of a proxy debate for Iraq and Afghanistan," the Illinois Democrat said.
John Stanton contributed to this report.