- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
“I used to say, ‘Oh, I’m forging my own path, rejecting the following-the-footsteps kind of thing,’ but naturally, that’s an assumption,” the West Virginia Republican said. “I think he left pretty big footprints, and I’m trying to follow in his footsteps — but carving my own path at the same time.”
No matter the hours, the sacrifices or the job description, in the end, the former Members were all fathers first.
“I don’t know that, as a kid, you recognize the difference,” Mack said. “It’s just your dad. He’s the guy that shows up at your Little League baseball game and helps you with your homework and does all those types of things. He’s a shoulder to cry on when you’ve got problems. ... He’s my hero, he’s my dad, he’s everything I think a man should be, a father should be and a husband should be.”