- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
Insiders said no matter which district Richardson runs in, she is likely to face a strong challenge from a state legislator. There is a possibility that state Sen. Rod Wright (D) runs in the Compton district, while in the Long Beach district state Sen. Alan Lowenthal (D), whose name one insider called a “dynasty” in that area, is expected to run.
“I think it’s way too preliminary to stake out a claim and say one or the other,” Richardson said. “Once the commission comes out officially, I’ll obviously have to make a choice.”