- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
Pennsylvania Democrat Jimmie Moore, a former municipal judge, filed paperwork Monday to challenge seven-term Rep. Robert Brady (D) in the Philadelphia-based 1st district.
“In July, I will formally announce my campaign for Congress to bring the change that our district desperately needs,” Moore said in a press release.
Brady is the longtime chairman of the Philadelphia Democratic Party, and his district voted overwhelmingly for President Barack Obama in 2008. However, there’s a good chance the 1st district’s boundaries will change following the Republican-controlled redistricting process later this year.