- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
A recent poll showed that Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.) continues to be on solid ground in his re-election campaign — especially without a top GOP candidate on the horizon.
A Quinnipiac University survey released Wednesday showed Casey leading an unnamed Republican challenger, 47 percent to 32 percent. The poll, taken June 7-12, also showed 47 percent of respondents said Casey deserved to be re-elected and gave the Keystone State’s senior Senator a 47 percent job approval rating.
A couple of Republicans have announced they are running against Casey, including a local attorney and a tea party activist, but none of them are well-known. Republicans say they’re still searching for a top-flight challenger.
The Quinnipiac University survey took the opinion of 1,277 registered voters and had a 2.7-point margin of error.