- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
Rep. Mike Honda is more like a Las Vegas Elvis impersonator than we knew!
By his own count, the California Democrat has officiated at eight weddings, including the latest one for his aide Ashley Roybal and her new husband, Dossel Reid Jr., in May.
The Congressman has been ordained to perform weddings by the online Universal Life Church, where all religions are welcome. According to the website, if he chose, Honda could also “perform baptisms or perform funerals for friends and family.” (Honda’s family and friends, for the win.)
Interestingly, the online ordination was a step the Congressman didn’t have to take.
California invests its state legislators and Members of Congress (and clergy, judges and commissioners of marriage, but not its ship captains) with the power to marry couples.