- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
Rep. John Campbell loves his classic and fancy cars — and he’s just had another one shipped out from his collection.
The California Republican recently had his 1968 Corvette convertible shipped from his storage facility in southern California. He rents another facility in Fredericksburg, Va., where he keeps his cars before they are sent back to California.
Campbell has more than 15 of the fanciest dang cars you have ever seen. His work-a-day commuting car? A Ferrari 550m V12 coupe (and his license plate is the very clever 550M V12).
Bringing the cars out to D.C. and driving them “is his way to engage in his hobby” even while working, says Chris Bognanno, Campbell’s spokesman.
The Orange County lawmaker rents two spots under the House office buildings and keeps his cars covered.
Not everyone is impressed.
“Who does he think he is, Magnum P.I.?” a senior Democratic aide asks.