- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
While the hordes of tourists are checking out the city’s monuments, HOH tipsters have been doing some sightseeing of their own, and they’ve spotted a few Senators around town this week:
Sen. Ben Nelson was seen Tuesday with his arm in a sling.
The 70-year-old Nebraska Democrat had minor outpatient surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff on May 27 — just 10 days after his birthday.
Never fear, however. His spokesman, Jake Thompson, tells HOH that Nelson’s on the mend. “He’s healing fast,” Thompson says.
Nelson is back at work this week.
And another tipster spied Sen. Mary Landrieu on Monday in Foggy Bottom shortly after the chamber adjourned.
The Louisiana Democrat and two young people — most likely her kids — were strolling down New Hampshire Avenue Northwest to Meiwah, the popular Chinese restaurant.
Landrieu’s young dinner dates may have been “slightly overdressed for Meiwah,” our tipster says. “But sometimes good Chinese food is worth the extra effort.”