- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
The founders of a group seeking to draft Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels (R) into the presidential race have publicly endorsed former Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman (R) now that Daniels isn’t running.
According to a press release passed along by the Huntsman campaign, Students for Daniels founders Max Eden and Michael Knowles met with Huntsman on Saturday in North Conway, N.H., to offer him their support as well as the backing of 38 former Students for Daniels chapters.
“Jon Huntsman can bring young voters back into the Republican party because he is a serious candidate, a big thinker and an authentic guy. He is a statesman, not just a politician,” Knowles said.