- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Los Angeles City Councilwoman Janice Hahn (D) today will begin airing the first TV ad of the July 12 special election for the 36th district in California.
Hahn is favored to win the solidly Democratic, Los Angeles County-based district, but she is taking no chances against self-funding businessman Craig Huey (R), who squeaked into the runoff with a strong showing in the May 17 jungle primary.
The 30-second ad, which will air on cable channels, compares Huey to former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, noting that they both support “a radical plan to end Medicare” and do not support abortion rights. The announcer states that Huey “called Planned Parenthood a murder mill.”
“We don’t need Craig Huey’s extremist right-wing agenda,” the announcer says. “Janice Hahn will fight for our agenda — common-sense solutions, create green jobs and cut Washington’s spending while protecting Medicare.”