- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
The Ohio Democratic Party filed a complaint Monday with the Federal Election Commission against state Treasurer Josh Mandel (R), who will likely run against Sen. Sherrod Brown (D) in 2012.
The complaint alleges that Mandel used state resources for political purposes, including the use of “identical materials and language” on Mandel’s government and campaign websites. Democrats also allege Mandel transferred his state campaign website and email list to his federal campaign “at no apparent cost.”
Republicans struck back at state Democrats, saying the complaint is proof the party knows Brown is in for a tough re-election race.
“It sounds like Ohio Democrats are far more worried about this Senate race than they’ve let on,” National Republican Senatorial Committee spokesman Brian Walsh said.