- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
Former Speaker Newt Gingrich was spotted taking in some culture at the Kennedy Center Opera House last Friday.
Gingrich and his wife, Callista, were in the audience for closing night of Gaetano Donizetti’s “Don Pasquale,” a comic opera from the 1800s staged by the Washington National Opera.
“It’s amazing how a presidential candidate with a sizable Tiffany’s debt can find time and money to enjoy fifth-row seats at the opera!” our HOH tipster quips.
However, the Georgia Republican, a well-known opera buff, is a regular with the Kennedy Center crowds.
In fact, in 2009, he live-tweeted a running commentary of Richard Wagner’s four-and-a-half-hour opera, “Siegfried.” He has also been known to regale crowds with his own operatic prowess.
Bill Kristol of the Weekly Standard was also in the audience Friday. We imagine the two would make good characters in an opera buffa of their own.