- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning (R) picked up an endorsement from former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) for his campaign against Sen. Ben Nelson (D).
“I know he has the conservative record and proven leadership that Nebraskans need in the United States Senate,” Huckabee said in a statement. “I’m confident that he’ll be a strong voice in the fight to balance the federal budget, eliminate the deficit and repeal the federal takeover of healthcare. ”
Bruning is widely viewed as the frontrunner in the GOP primary against state Treasurer Don Stenberg, but polls show both of them in a position to defeat Nelson.
The Tea Party Express recently endorsed Bruning.