- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Businessman Brad Schneider (D) announced Wednesday he will challenge freshman Rep. Robert Dold (R) in Illinois’ 10th district.
“Illinois’ freshmen representatives have proven themselves loyal agents for Washington’s establishment Republicans,” Schneider said in a statement announcing his candidacy.
At least one other Democrat — Ilya Sheyman, a community organizer for liberal groups — has formally announced his candidacy for the seat.
But it’s still unclear just what shape the new district will take in 2012. Illinois will lose a House seat as a result of reapportionment, and the Democratic-controlled Legislature has reportedly targeted the northwestern Chicago suburbs — currently represented by two freshman Republicans — as an area that will likely change dramatically in redistricting.