- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
Businessman Brad Schneider (D) announced Wednesday he will challenge freshman Rep. Robert Dold (R) in Illinois’ 10th district.
“Illinois’ freshmen representatives have proven themselves loyal agents for Washington’s establishment Republicans,” Schneider said in a statement announcing his candidacy.
At least one other Democrat — Ilya Sheyman, a community organizer for liberal groups — has formally announced his candidacy for the seat.
But it’s still unclear just what shape the new district will take in 2012. Illinois will lose a House seat as a result of reapportionment, and the Democratic-controlled Legislature has reportedly targeted the northwestern Chicago suburbs — currently represented by two freshman Republicans — as an area that will likely change dramatically in redistricting.