- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Luke Messer, the former executive director of the Indiana Republican Party, is expected to announce Tuesday that he will run for Rep. Mike Pence’s (R-Ind.) seat.
Messer aides notified reporters Monday that he would make a campaign announcement, a couple weeks after Messer called the 6th district seat “a great opportunity to serve” in the wake of Pence’s announcement that he was entering the 2012 gubernatorial race.
Republican Don Bates, a financial adviser who unsuccessfully ran for Senate in 2010, has already announced his campaign for the seat.
Former Wayne County Sheriff Matt Strittmatter and Henry County Council President Nate LaMar also have expressed interest.