- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
- Voting-Rights Advocates Get Win at Supreme Court
Luke Messer, the former executive director of the Indiana Republican Party, is expected to announce Tuesday that he will run for Rep. Mike Pence’s (R-Ind.) seat.
Messer aides notified reporters Monday that he would make a campaign announcement, a couple weeks after Messer called the 6th district seat “a great opportunity to serve” in the wake of Pence’s announcement that he was entering the 2012 gubernatorial race.
Republican Don Bates, a financial adviser who unsuccessfully ran for Senate in 2010, has already announced his campaign for the seat.
Former Wayne County Sheriff Matt Strittmatter and Henry County Council President Nate LaMar also have expressed interest.