- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
Retiring Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.) sent a fundraising email to supporters urging them to donate to former Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine (D), who is running to succeed him in the Senate.
Kaine could face former Sen. George Allen (R), who turned in an impressive fundraising performance in the first three months of the year.
“Tim’s most likely opponent raised $1.5 million in the first quarter of 2011 — before Tim was even in the race,” Webb wrote. “Tim has some catching up to do, and I hope you will help. An early contribution to Tim’s campaign will make a big difference in November 2012.”
Kaine announced his bid April 5, just after the first fundraising quarter ended.