- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
Hey race fans, this Thursday — just a couple days ahead of the Indy 500 — Sen. Dick Lugar will host a luncheon for a group of Senate Republicans.
The Indiana lawmaker says the annual lunch is an opportunity to highlight “the greatest spectacle in racing.”
“The Indy 500 brings hundreds of thousands of spectators to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway,” Lugar tells HOH. “The race serves as a demonstration of Indiana’s proud automotive heritage.”
Those Republicans who can attend the lunch will receive a commemorative 100th anniversary race day program and candy from Zachary Confections of Frankfort, Ind. Guests will dine on turkey pot pie and apple pie from Strongbow Inn, an Indiana culinary institution.
Lugar has no proverbial horse in this race, though, and says he wishes all drivers well.