- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Former Rep. Barbara Vucanovich (R-Nev.) endorsed retired Navy Cmdr. Kirk Lippold (R) in the Sept. 13 special election for Nevada's vacant 2nd district.
“Kirk Lippold embodies the new, fresh conservative leadership the state of Nevada and the Republican Party need at this point in our history,” Vucanovich said in a statement. “If Republicans in Nevada’s 2nd Congressional District are looking for a candidate with unmatched integrity and a bold, conservative vision for our future, Kirk Lippold is it.”
Among the other candidates in the open election to replace newly appointed Sen. Dean Heller (R) are Republicans Mark Amodei, Greg Brower and Sharron Angle and Democrats Kate Marshall and Jill Derby.
Vucanovich, who turns 90 next month, represented most of the current district from 1982 to 1996. She had a conservative voting record and was known for pushing breast cancer prevention during her tenure in Congress.