- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
The Club for Growth indicated Wednesday that it would not support the potential Senate bid of former Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson (R).
“Tommy Thompson raised taxes as Governor, supported ObamaCare, and now he wants to run for the United States Senate? April Fools was weeks ago,” club President Chris Chocola said in a statement. “Wisconsin Republicans should recruit a pro-growth conservative to run, not recall some big-government pro-tax Republican whose time has come and gone. Club members are watching Wisconsin’s Senate race closely.”
Thompson has not said whether he will run for the seat of retiring Sen. Herb Kohl (D-Wis.), but he is believed to be taking a serious look.