- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
With a 50 percent job approval rating, Sen. Maria Cantwell (D) leads five potential Republican opponents by double digits in hypothetical 2012 matchups, according to a survey released Tuesday by Democratic firm Public Policy Polling.
Rep. Dave Reichert, who has been noncommittal in public statements about his future plans, trails Cantwell 49 percent to 35 percent, and Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, who represents sparsely populated eastern Washington, trails 50 percent to 31 percent.
Businessman Dino Rossi, who lost to Sen. Patty Murray (D) last year, finished closest to Cantwell, with the Senator leading him 53 percent to 40 percent.
The survey was conducted of 1,098 registered voters May 12-15 and had a 3-point margin of error.