- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
With a 50 percent job approval rating, Sen. Maria Cantwell (D) leads five potential Republican opponents by double digits in hypothetical 2012 matchups, according to a survey released Tuesday by Democratic firm Public Policy Polling.
Rep. Dave Reichert, who has been noncommittal in public statements about his future plans, trails Cantwell 49 percent to 35 percent, and Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, who represents sparsely populated eastern Washington, trails 50 percent to 31 percent.
Businessman Dino Rossi, who lost to Sen. Patty Murray (D) last year, finished closest to Cantwell, with the Senator leading him 53 percent to 40 percent.
The survey was conducted of 1,098 registered voters May 12-15 and had a 3-point margin of error.