- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Thomson never held elected office, but Chorlton calls him “the greatest patriot of all” and asserts that, “Without his prodding and pleading, Congress would never have survived. Without his faithful service, the record of the First American Republic would be lost to history.”
As Chorlton ably demonstrates, it’s a history well worth keeping alive.
Author Thomas Patrick Chorlton will speak about his book, “The First American Republic: 1774-1789,” at noon today at the William G. McGowan Theater at the National Archives on Constitution Avenue Northwest, between Seventh and Ninth streets.comments powered by Disqus