- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
But critics also say that too often Davis seems more interested in creating a splash than in moving poll numbers. Last cycle, he did an offbeat Web video for California Senate hopeful Carly Fiorina (R) featuring a wolf in sheep’s clothing, and Delaware GOP Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell’s “I am not a witch” spot.
Nobody knows yet whether Huntsman will be a formidable contender for the GOP nomination, and his viability depends, in part, on the makeup of the rest of the field and the dynamics of each caucus and primary contest.
Journalists and many in the chattering class seem impressed by him, but that’s probably reason enough to wonder whether he’ll resonate with Republican voters. I certainly expect a big Huntsman boomlet when he announces his candidacy, but I’m also starting out skeptical about Huntsman’s ultimate appeal.
Stuart Rothenberg is editor of the Rothenberg Political Report.