- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Retired Navy pilot and former state Rep. Dan Severson (R) said Monday he will challenge first-term Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D), according to local news outlets. Severson, who served in the state House from 2003 through 2010, was Minority Whip during his final term there. He lost a race for Minnesota secretary of state last fall.
On his Senate campaign website, Severson takes a positive tone, writing that “America’s best years are yet to come.”
Klobuchar, who won her first term with 58 percent of the vote, currently sits in a position of strength in blue-leaning Minnesota. President Barack Obama won the state in 2008 by 10 points. Roll Call Politics rates the race Likely Democratic.