- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
At least one Republican operative who has worked extensively in Wisconsin anticipated a draft campaign for Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus — a former Wisconsin GOP chairman. But the source cautioned that the newly elected GOP boss would likely keep his current post.
However, Priebus has vowed to make the state competitive in 2012, and this winter’s budget battle that targeted organized labor has energized grass-roots activists on both sides. Democrats say they are confident they can win state Senate recall elections this summer and flip the three seats necessary to take back control.
Also on the horizon is an expected push to try to recall Walker. Democrats intend to pursue a recall election, which also might attract Feingold, after Walker has completed one year in office.
Nathan L. Gonzales contributed to this report.