- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
There’s nothing like an impending weekend to put a little spring in one’s step. And Rep. Rosa DeLauro on Friday made her exit from the Capitol after the afternoon’s final votes in high-stepping style.
The Connecticut Democrat wore a pair of notice-me boots that did the trick, standing out among a sea of tasseled loafers and staid Oxfords. The knee-high boots were leather and fashioned of alternate stripes of black and tan, an unusual accessory for her ensemble of a black dress, floral-patterned jacket and carpetbag-style purse.
We scoured the Internet in search of a similar pair, but like their wearer, the Congresswoman’s boots appear to be one of a kind, or at least very rare.
Asked about the unusual footwear, DeLauro tells HOH, “I like boots, I buy boots and I wear boots.”