- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
For Rep. Renee Ellmers (N.C.), the challenge comes down to one thing: relationships. This is the freshman legislator’s first time participating in the challenge, but she’s no new media novice, said Lorie Byrd, Ellmers’ communications director. While campaigning against ex-Rep. Bob Etheridge (D), Ellmers built a base by blogging and recording podcasts.
“They support her very strongly, and she’s very aware of the community that she’s built,” Byrd said. “It’s all about interacting and reaching out. That will help in the challenge.”