- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
For Rep. Renee Ellmers (N.C.), the challenge comes down to one thing: relationships. This is the freshman legislator’s first time participating in the challenge, but she’s no new media novice, said Lorie Byrd, Ellmers’ communications director. While campaigning against ex-Rep. Bob Etheridge (D), Ellmers built a base by blogging and recording podcasts.
“They support her very strongly, and she’s very aware of the community that she’s built,” Byrd said. “It’s all about interacting and reaching out. That will help in the challenge.”