- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
The Retail Industry Leaders Association has picked up Bill Hughes, a longtime Capitol Hill veteran, as its new top federal lobbyist.
Hughes most recently was chief of staff to Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas) and previously served as a lobbyist for General Electric Co. His Hill career also included stints as Republican staff director for the Senate Commerce Committee and as policy director for then-Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.).
The RILA also added Christine Pollack as vice president of government affairs. She will focus on health care policy.
Submit K Street Files tips here.