- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
We always thought former Rep. Kendrick Meek (D-Fla.) was boyish-looking, but now we know we’re not alone: A bartender carded the 44-year-old at a recent Washington party.
Meek was at swanky Georgetown watering hole Cafe Milano on Wednesday to celebrate his pal Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s new position as the chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee.
Wasserman Schultz and Meek go way back — and we mean waaay back. The two were co-chairmen of the Democrats’ 30-Something Working Group years ago when they were both in their 30s.
When Meek ordered a glass of wine to go with his dinner, the waiter asked for his ID, witnesses tell HOH. A spokeswoman says the former Congressman, who was sitting with his wife and their 14-year-old son, was amused.
Meek, who’s now the president of consulting firm KBM Solutions, is also a former Florida state trooper, so he probably appreciated the law-and-order approach.