- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Several Senators said they still hope that the bipartisan “gang of six” will ultimately reach a broad agreement that could jump-start the talks. But the group is on a hiatus, with Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) out of town for a family illness, and it risks becoming irrelevant as the talks head to the leadership level instead.
John Stanton contributed to this report.