- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
State Sen. Clark Jolley (R), co-chairman of the state Senate Redistricting Committee, told Roll Call that he expects his chamber to pass the new map, sending it to the governor’s desk for her signature.
“Every Member of Congress, I believe, is supportive of the plan that we’ve written,” Jolley said. “Everything is going surprisingly easy in Oklahoma.”
The map only makes “minor adjustments” to the boundaries, Jolley said.
GOP Rep. Frank Lucas’ district is increasing in size, while Rep. Dan Boren (D) is picking up another county on the state’s southern border. Republican Rep. Tom Cole’s district will cede some population to freshman Rep. James Lankford (R) in Oklahoma County.
Send news items on redistricting to Between the Lines here.comments powered by Disqus