- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
- Ad Man Scott Howell Back At It After Cardiac Arrest
Florida Senate President Mike Haridopolos raised $2.6 million in the first quarter in his bid for the GOP nomination to challenge Sen. Bill Nelson (D). He will file paperwork with the Federal Election Commission later in the week showing $2.5 million in his campaign account as of March 31, according to campaign spokesman Tim Baker.
Haridopolos is one of three Republicans expected to face off in the race. Nelson’s campaign said the Democrat raised roughly $2 million in the first quarter of the year, bringing his cash-on-hand total to at least $4.5 million.
Baker noted that Haridopolos bested Nelson despite a host of high-profile fundraisers that included appearances by Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton and Vice President Joseph Biden.