- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Florida Senate President Mike Haridopolos raised $2.6 million in the first quarter in his bid for the GOP nomination to challenge Sen. Bill Nelson (D). He will file paperwork with the Federal Election Commission later in the week showing $2.5 million in his campaign account as of March 31, according to campaign spokesman Tim Baker.
Haridopolos is one of three Republicans expected to face off in the race. Nelson’s campaign said the Democrat raised roughly $2 million in the first quarter of the year, bringing his cash-on-hand total to at least $4.5 million.
Baker noted that Haridopolos bested Nelson despite a host of high-profile fundraisers that included appearances by Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton and Vice President Joseph Biden.