- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
EMILY’s List added four more Republican freshmen to its list of 2012 House targets. Reps. Robert Dold (Ill.), Frank Guinta (N.H.), Adam Kinzinger (Ill.) and Steve Stivers (Ohio) join five others, Charles Bass (N.H.), Chip Cravaack (Minn.), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Joe Heck (Nev.) and Allen West (Fla.).
“Every Republican we’ve put on notice sits in a district with strong female Democratic talent. And their anti-woman actions in Congress make electing a woman even more appealing,” EMILY’s List President Stephanie Schriock said.
The group, which assists Democratic women who support abortion rights, raised nearly $39 million last cycle from its community of about 900,000 members nationwide.