- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
House candidate Ami Bera, one of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee’s favorite recruits, announced Wednesday that he raised $230,000 in the first quarter. Bera is planning to run for a second time against Rep. Dan Lungren in California’s 3rd district. Lungren narrowly pulled out a victory in a good year for Republicans.
Bera’s campaign said the donations came from more than 600 people, with 94 percent of them from the Golden State.
“It’s clear to me that the community is frustrated with what’s going on in Washington DC, and is looking for new representation that will be a voice for the forgotten middle class,” Bera said in the statement.