- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
Former state Railroad Commissioner Michael Williams announced he raised just over $500,000 in the first quarter of the year for his Senate campaign.
In a memo to his supporters, the Republican’s campaign also announced that he had nearly $400,000 in the bank for his campaign for retiring Republican Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison’s seat.
Two of Williams’ opponents in the GOP primary each raised about twice that figure in the first three months of this year. Former state Solicitor General Ted Cruz brought in just more than $1 million, while former Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert raised slightly more than that with $1.1 million. Leppert also put into his campaign about $1.6 million of his own money.