- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
But for each, the Capital Hearings brings another joy to song, something they don’t find in their symphonic shows: Whether it’s allowing a 5-year-old girl to conduct the group with a candy cane at Eastern Market or daring a Capitol Hill flash mob, the Caps, it seems, thrive on spontaneity that’s well-received.
Almost every person in the Cannon House Office Building room, for example, stood and chimed in with “America the Beautiful” by the song’s end. When the Caps walked off after finishing their song, Rep. Rush Holt (D-N.J.) expressed what everyone was wondering: “Who are you guys?”