- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
But for each, the Capital Hearings brings another joy to song, something they don’t find in their symphonic shows: Whether it’s allowing a 5-year-old girl to conduct the group with a candy cane at Eastern Market or daring a Capitol Hill flash mob, the Caps, it seems, thrive on spontaneity that’s well-received.
Almost every person in the Cannon House Office Building room, for example, stood and chimed in with “America the Beautiful” by the song’s end. When the Caps walked off after finishing their song, Rep. Rush Holt (D-N.J.) expressed what everyone was wondering: “Who are you guys?”