- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
Talk about a happy meal.
House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer celebrated the last-minute deal that averted a government shutdown by chowing down on Saturday morning at an oh-so-elegant establishment: McDonald’s. An HOH tipster spied the Maryland Democrat ordering up two Egg McMuffins and an orange juice at the golden arches location on South Capitol Street near the House office buildings.
“He seemed a bit weary. He was suited up with no tie, and he had a sparkle in his eye,” an anonymous tipster tells HOH.
His office wasn’t surprised that the lawmaker had visited the fast-food chain.
“Mr. Hoyer has long been a McDonald’s fan, hence his choice of eating breakfast there after a late night of votes,” a Hoyer spokesperson said.