- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
California Assemblyman Jared Huffman (D) raised more than $120,000 in the first quarter as he prepares a Congressional bid in the northern 6th district, which is currently represented by Democratic Rep. Lynn Woolsey.
“Should Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey decide to end her extraordinary service in the House of Representatives, I’m prepared to run an aggressive campaign to be the North Bay’s next member of Congress,” Huffman said in a statement Monday.
Huffman is serving his third term in the state Assembly, and his district overlaps 60 percent of the 6th district, according to Huffman. Woolsey, who has said she is considering retiring, is expected to announce her decision in June.
The district, made up mostly of Marin and Sonoma counties, is solidly Democratic, giving the past two Democratic presidential nominees more than 70 percent of the vote.