- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
Rep. Hal Rogers might be a pretty powerful guy, but not even the chairman of the Appropriations Committee gets his way all the time.
Rogers cheered on his University of Kentucky Wildcats in their Final Four bid Saturday night — but to the Kentucky Republican’s chagrin, the Wildcats fell short in their matchup with the University of Connecticut.
An HOH tipster spotted Rogers at Grevey’s sports bar (a noted UK hangout) in Falls Church, Va., among plenty of other Big Blue fans. Our spy says Rogers was relatively subdued throughout most of the game — at least compared with many in the whooping crowd — but he showed some spirit when Kentucky mounted a brief rally in the game’s second half.
Rogers practically bleeds blue: He holds both an undergraduate degree and a law degree from UK.