- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
“We’re very concerned with what we’re hearing now that these funds are on the chopping block,” said Daniel Schuman, the group’s policy counsel. “The consequences would be dramatic.”
Schuman said $34 million is a small amount of money compared to the value these programs bring in terms of transparency. The Republicans “definitely do seem to care about these issues, which is why it’s surprising that the budget that passed the House would contain cuts to these vital programs,” Schuman said.
Please send Campus Notebook tips here.