- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
In January 2009, he began working for Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher. After his yearlong stint with the California Republican, Urteaga hit the campaign trail as field representative for the California gubernatorial campaign of Steve Poizner (R).
Although Poizner lost the election, Urteaga got a taste of success in his next gig, where he worked on the “No on Proposition 24 Initiative.” The tax initiative was defeated on the statewide ballot.
Urteaga cherished his work on campaigns in California, but ultimately he knew that D.C. was where he wanted to be.
“If someone wants to be an actor, you got to go to LA,” he said. “Being in the political scene, you got to go to the Capitol. This is the best place to be.”
Submit news of hires and promotions on Capitol Hill to Hill Climbers here.