- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
While the House is required to initiate reconciliation bills, Hoyer said that doesnt mean the House has to pass the Senate bill before passing a reconciliation package to amend it.
However, he said the president would have to sign the Senate bill before the reconciliation package.
But, perhaps complicating matters further, another senior Senate Democratic aide said the Senate Parliamentarian has already told leaders that a reconciliation bill must amend a law, not a bill that has not yet been signed by the president.