- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act is signed into law. The bill establishes the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program to assist troubled financial institutions in the wake of the late 2008 financial crisis. TARP is later expanded to assist nonfinancial companies, including General Motors Corp. and Chrysler.
Chairman Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) introduces comprehensive financial regulatory reform legislation in response to the 2008 financial crisis.