- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
So far, none of the bills has Republican co-sponsors. But the House resolution at least has bipartisan support. House Administration ranking member Dan Lungren (R-Calif.) supports the idea, and the committee just needs to pass the resolution to make it a House regulation.
He is supportive of a resolution as texting while driving is dangerous and in many states illegal and something that staff should be discouraged from doing, spokeswoman Salley Wood said.
The committee was set to discuss the ban Wednesday, but the scheduled markup was postponed after Capitol Police evacuated the Longworth House Office Building (where the committee is located) for a false fire alarm.
The article misidentified a national transportation safety group. It is the Governors Highway Safety Association.